San Diego Comic-Con brought out the cast and creators from the upcoming TV show (and adaptation) “Vampire Academy.” We were lucky enough to attend the press room while there and got the scoop from the cast and creators. Check out our interviews below!
ABOUT VAMPIRE ACADEMY
Premiere Date: September 15, 2022
Logline: From executive producers Julie Plec & Marguerite MacIntyre comes a story of friendship, romance and danger. In a world of privilege and glamour, two young women’s friendship transcends their strikingly different classes as they prepare to complete their education and enter vampire society. One as a powerful Royal, the other a half-vampire Guardian trained to protect against the savage ‘Strigoi’ who threaten to tear their society apart. That is, if Royal infighting doesn’t do the job first.
Showrunner / Writer / Executive Producer / Director:Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Legacies)
Showrunner / Writer / Executive Producer: Marguerite MacIntyre
Executive Producers:Emily Cummins, Don Murphy, Susan Montford, Deepak Nayar and Jillian DeFrehn
Directors:Bille Woodruff (first episode), Luis Prieto, Jesse Warn, Erica Dunton, Geoff Shotz and Julie Plec
- Sisi Stringer (Mortal Kombat) plays “Rose Hathaway,” a vampire-human hybrid known as a Dhampir. Fiery and outspoken, Rose is a true fighter in spirit and in practice.
- Daniela Nieves (Snowfall) plays “Lissa Dragomir,” a Royal Moroi vampire. Growing up the younger sister to the heir apparent, Princess Vasilisa Dragomir is a carefree, kind-hearted, royal princess uninterested in the political machinations of the Royal Court or the hypocrisy of Moroi royal society.
- Kieron Moore (Sex Education) plays “Dimitri Belikov,” the model Dhampir Guardian: lethal, disciplined, discreet, and totally committed to his role as bodyguard to the ruling Moroi, the “good,” mortal vampires of his world.
- Andre Dae Kim(Locke & Key) plays “Christian Ozera,” a thoughtful, intelligent Royal Moroi vampire and the pariah of the school and royal court due to his parents’ unforgivable societal sins.
- J. August Richards (Agents of Shield) plays “Victor Dashkov.” A Royal Moroi vampire, Victor has dedicated his life to the well-being of not just of his husband and two adopted daughters, but to his entire community, Royal or not.
- Anita-Joy Uwajeh (Lucky Man) plays “Tatiana Vogel.” A Royal Moroi vampire who’s new in town, Tatiana is a political underdog who slowly takes the royal court by storm as she boldly makes a play for the crown.
- Mia Mckenna-Bruce (Persuasion) plays “Mia Karp,” a student at St. Vladimir’s Academy. Witty, cutting, and just the right kind of ruthless when necessary, non-Royal Mia has a long-term plan to social climb her way into the ranks of royalty, with all the privilege and freedom that entails.
- Rhian Blundell (Nobody Girl) plays “Meredith Beckham,” a smart, strong-willed Dhampir who is a keen observer, which makes her an excellent strategist and a valuable asset.
- Jonetta Kaiser (Tales) plays “Sonya Karp.” Quiet, careful and odd, Sonya prefers to spend her time in the library or her garden and is taken by surprise when a Dhampir Guardian named Mikhail shows interest in her, a relationship that will expose both the brightest and darkest parts of her heart.
- Andrew Liner (Grown-ish) plays “Mason Ashford.” Charming, loyal and popular, Mason is Rose’s main competition in the quest to become the number one Guardian-in-training.
Produced By:Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group
Format:10 x 60 min episodes, YA drama
*Interviews conducted with multiple media outlets.
Interview with Sisi Stringer & Kieron Moore:
Interview with Daniela Nieves & Andre Dae Kim:
Interview with Julie Plec & Marguerite MacIntyre:
“Vampire Academy” premieres September 15th!