Due to the buzz surrounding the upcoming film The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones it is not surprising that a full line of merchandise associated with the film will be available. Now we have the official statement from Sony Pictures.
Sony Pictures Consumer Products has announced the first round of global licensees for its upcoming film The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which will debut Aug. 23.
“The long-term potential of this franchise was very attractive to us at Sony when securing the merchandising rights,” says Greg Economos, senior vice president, global consumer products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “The brand continues to gain recognition, and we are seeing a lot of retailer interest, particularly after the trailer released in theatres with the last installment of Twilight. Our focus is to secure strong footholds in the U.S. and Europe, with the brand before expanding into Latin America and Asia.”
Global licensees for film include Simon and Schuster for English-language movie tie-in books; Pyramid Posters for posters, wall décor, stickers, tattoos and other impulse items for the EU, Australia and New Zealand; Laurelle Perfumes will launch two fragrances internationally, excluding the U.S. and Canada; and Sunset International/Bioworld for nightwear, underwear, outerwear and accessories for the U.S., as well as Alchemy-branded jewelry for the EU, Australia and New Zealand.
U.S.-based licensees include:
- Tripp NYC for a Tripp for Mortal Instruments clothing line featuring men’s and women’s jeans, tops, jackets and dresses to be sold exclusively at Hot Topic;
- PlayFirst for a time management/action-adventure app;
- Running Press Book Publishers for mini-kits that hold temporary tattoos, pendants, magnets and quotes and images from the film;
- Trends International for wall calendars, paper and lenticular posters, bookmarks and stickers;
- Mead Products for high-end journals and sketchbooks;
- Leaf Trading Cards for movie trading cards;
- Rubie’s for costumes, masks and dress up sets;
- Tonner Doll Company for a limited edition line of collectible fashion dolls; and
- Underground Toys/Gear 4 Games for notebooks, replicas, tattoo sleeves (U.S. only), magnets, mugs, mobile cases (U.S. only), stickers, temporary tattoos, sketchbooks and buttons for the U.S., Canada, the EU and the U.K.
EMEA-based licensees include:
- Flash Trash for limited edition jewelry across the EU, Australia and New Zealand;
- Urban Species for outerwear, apparel and hooded tops for the U.K.;
- Mantiburi for wall-based room décor and wallpapers for the EU; and
KV&G Verlag for posters and calendars in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.